My blogging friend Mandy from “That We Might” has nominated me for this Sunshine Blogger Award! Now, I don’t always participate in these awards but her questions were irresistible and she’s really quite a dear who leaves very insightful and interesting comments. So I wanted to play along. 😉
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
- (In honor of September…) Where were you when you first heard about 9/11? (If you weren’t alive at the time or were too young, describe the way in which you first learned about it and your reaction. If you aren’t American, don’t feel like you’re under a microscope or your thoughts aren’t valued just as much.)
I believe I was in Grade 7 or 8 and I was at school. Our day was interrupted abruptly by the events and the teacher pulled a TV into the classroom so that we could all see what was happening in New York. I’m Canadian but I live only about an 8-hour drive or so away from that city (I think, I’ve never been). So it still hit pretty close to home.
- What is your favorite animal and why?
Favorite animal… Wolves, is it obvious? 😉
- If you could only have one more meal, what would it be? Multiple courses and desserts allowed and encouraged. 😉
Probably a big old plate of nachos with a side of pizza. I’m a fat kid on the inside.
- What is your favorite book?
One of my favorite books was David Copperfield, but Into the Wild was also huge for me. It shaped my life in big ways.
- Do you prefer rainy or sunny days?
I love sunny days when I’m going out and rainy days when I’m staying in. I find the rain beautiful.
- Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog to fend off loneliness and boredom, but also to nurture my creativity and it has worked wonders for all 3 of those areas.
- What was your favorite subject in school? (PE and lunch and recess are totally allowed!)
English! I bet you could have guessed that 😉 Loved to read and write.
- Where have you always wanted to visit?
Nepal is still the number one country on my list to visit. I want to see the Himalayan mountains so damn badly it makes my soul heart with yearning. If any of my readers are rich, please take me on a trip with you. 😀
- What historical person inspires you the most?
That would have to be… Maybe Albert Einstein because he’s a straight-up genius but he was also sort of an activist for peace and tried to better humanity in many ways. Some countries, if I recall, had even offered to make him their leaders or wanted him to run for election. It’s been a while since I’ve read about him.
- Do you know any other languages, and if not, what language would you want to learn?
Je peut parler francais une petite peut, mais ca n’est pas bon. I can speak a little French but it’s not that great. I could get by with it if I needed to though. I have no ambition to learn another language at this point in my life. My goals are elsewhere.
- What is your strangest hobby?
Strangest hobby? Hmmm… That’s a tough question! I don’t know if I have any “strange” hobbies like collecting my toenails or ear wax. All of my hobbies are pretty normal. Fitness, writing, reading, nature, travel etc. I do some mild cyberstalking from time to time? Is that a hobby? lmao
- If you could choose anyone in the world to lead your country, who would it be?
- If you could go back to school to study any subject of your choice and not have to worry about finances, what would it be?
- What is one thing that you’ve never eaten that you’d like to try?
- What’s the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
- If you could have a romantic getaway with one person for a weekend, (imagine you’re single, celebrities allowed) who would it be?
- What was the darkest movie or novel that you’ve ever fallen in love with?
- Do you like zombie movies?
- Would you ever consider being one of the first humans to go to Mars knowing that you could never return to Earth?
- Would you rather the beach or a mountain top?
- Who inspires you the most in the world?
- What is one of your favorite quotes?